Thursday, February 7, 2013

Beyond Parallel



Beyond Parallel  by Matthew Turner

 

Beyond Parallel is the story of Clark and Bella and how their lives are destined to be together. The story follows the pair as they live lives separately and together. Bella and Clark both struggle with general anxiety about long term relationships, having both been through a lot of heartache and pain. Their stories begin while travelling around the world, and a chance meeting in Thailand.
 
It's quite an interesting setup I am not sure I have every read a book quite like this, which makes it unusually unique.  I was drawn in immediately by the characters and their side by side troubles which lead them through life.  The characters are very well written, but I found the pace to be numbingly slow, it took me over 2 weeks to finish.  Beyond the pace of the book, I really enjoyed the storyline and found that most people have struggled in their twenties just like Clark and Bella but some bits were quite predictable.  This is the first novel published by Mr. Turner and I'm looking forward to following his work in the future.  I would give this book 3 out of 5 stars.


1 comment:

  1. I love unique setups like that but... too slow of a pace would do me in!

    ReplyDelete